The unfortunate incident that happened in Mosogar Kingdom which caused a lots of apprehensions making people to scamper for safety due to panic and fear on Saturday 7th January 2023,was a special operation,that was poorly executed by the special anti-robbery squad,that was mobilized by the CP of Delta State to curb the activities of cultism and insecurity in Oghara,Jesse, Mosogar and Sapele.
The operation was wrongly executed due to misinformation.
The police team allegedly drove from Oghara after staying there for 2days,getting to Mosogar,they started raiding the community and shooting sporadically,in the name of trying to register their presence. The shooting made residents to start running and in the process,many lost their personal belongings while the police arrested some of the youths who stood to resist them.
Receiving the information on the operation,the DPO of Mosogar called the police team and briefed them properly on the security situation and the areas where they are to carry out the operation.
The youths demanded the release of all those who were arrested and they were all released, including vehicles.
Therefore,the general public should take note and disabuse their minds from pedlars of fake news or rumor,just to add fuel to the situation and cause panic in the peaceful Mosogar Kingdom;
- Mosogar Kingdom was neither attacked nor invaded by Fulani Herdsmen on the said date or any other day.
- No Hausa/Fulani Herdsman was beating by Youths which led to the raid of police in Mosogar Kingdom.
- Mosogar King/ leaders did not call police to come and attack or harass residents of Mosogar community.
- It took the intervention of HRM. Sunday Odogu Okpurhe, Uduaka 1, Ovie of Mosogar Kingdom, Council Chairman,DPO and Youth leaders,to restored peace and calmness to Mosogar Kingdom and everyone went about their usual economic activities.
- Fulani Herdsmen didn’t write any letter to our King or any Community in Mosogar, informing about any plan attack in Mosogar Kingdom as it is being spread on the social media.
Hence,we appeal to all those spreading fake news or rumor to increase tension or fear in Mosogar Kingdom to stop.
All the different unconfirmed stories is causing serious panic to our people.
It is purely misinformation,wrong information and fake news that Fulani Herdsmen invaded Mosogar Town.
It was security operatives who were on a special operation as earlier stated,that came to Mosogar to operate on the said day,not Fulani Herdsmen.
Peace have since returned to Mosogar Kingdom.
All the issue of kidnapping is already a major concerned to us and soon,it will be over,as effort is ongoing to end the urgly trend in Mosogar Kingdom.
May God Bless Mosogar Kingdom.
Chief Silver Anuwa
More from Metro
RELIEF AS BANK CUSTOMERS WITHDRAW N30,000 AT KADUNA ATMs AFTER CBN DIRECTIVE.
Many commercial bank customers in Kaduna State, on Saturday, withdrew over N30,000 from Automated Teller Machines across the state.Although some …
BREAKING: MOSOGAR OGUEDION SUSPENDS PLENARY IN HONOUR OF TWO SONS KILLED ON ELECTION DAY.
By Ovie Bethel Oguedion Council of Chiefs and Elders in Mosogar Kingdom suspended plenary sitting today to honour Late Comr. Obruche …
KIDNAPPERS DEMAND N10M RANSOM FOR TWO ABDUCTED VICTIMS IN ONDO
The gunmen who kidnapped two persons in Ayede-Ogbese in Akure North Local Council of Ondo State on Friday have demanded …
Leave a Reply