It is indeed a great pleasure for me to address you today as the President of our great association, OGSOSA. On behalf of the newly elected EXCO, I must say that, we are highly honoured for electing us unopposed to serve our association. We are not unmindful of the confidence you have reposed in us. This shall be reciprocated by our collective resolve to work assiduously to move our association to a great and enviable height
We have a dual vision. First, to restore the dignity of our Alma mater to enable her compete favourably with other secondary schools in Delta State in particular and the entire country in general, and secondly, to reposition OGSOSA as one of the most organized old students’ associations in Nigeria.
To achieve our vision, we shall embark on the following mission:
- Assist in furthering the philosophy, aim and objectives or purpose of Ovu Grammar School.
- Partner with government, the school management and interventionists agencies with a view to reposition our school in the area of physical and personnel development.
- Establish a permanent OGSOSA Secretariat to be named after Rev. Fr. D. Cashman in the school compound. This will help all old students access to the school management for academic records retriever, reaffirmation and reconnect to old school friends.
- Promote mutual understanding, co-operation, comradeship, interaction and fraternal relationship amongst old students of Ovu Grammar School.
- Expand the membership of our dear association through search, and reach out to our school mates where ever they are in the world.
- Organize annual reunion for members and celebrate the golden jubilee of our school in 2025.
We solicit your collective support to enable the EXCO deliver positively on the task ahead of us. We are aware that for the past few years, various attempts have been made to elect a substantive EXCO for OGSOSA, and in the process, some members have been slighted in one form or the other. We humbly apologize to all aggrieved members and encourage them to return back to the fold.
On behalf of the EXCO, I sincerely register our appreciation to you all, for your commitment and dedication towards the re-positioning of OGSOSA. We commend all those who have travelled to Ovu from various parts of the country for this election. To our brothers and sisters in diaspora, I say thank you. We appreciate the efforts of members of the out-gone interim EXCO lead by Prof. George Eriyamremu, and the 2021 Award Committee led by Engr. Tony Onakpoma. Finally, we express our profound gratitude to the Chairman of the electoral committee Mr. Austin Oghumu and members of his committee for working tirelessly to organize this successful election. May God richly bless you all.
Long live OGSOSA
Long live Cashman
Dr. Israel O. Imide President, OGSOSA Worldwide
More from Education
KERUX ACADEMIC INSTITUTE (KAI) ON SPECIAL VISIT TO TEACH TEENAGERS AT MOSOGAR SECONDARY SCHOOL, IN MOSOGAR COMMUNITY
The Director of Kerux Academic Institute, Mr Godspower Oyubu, (a certified strategic/human resource specialist and project manager) accompanied with some …
By Ovie Bethel It was a dream come true as Mosogar Elite Forum commissioned first project in history, under the current …
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has declared an indefinite strike. This was confirmed in a statement signed by ASUU …